Inter-Disciplinary Health Professional (IHP)
- Ellen, Miranda, TanyaWe work in close collaboration with the doctors of SMC FHT and many of the IHPs. We work on an appointment basis and cover a wide variety of issues: acute illnesses, healthy checkups, pre-operative physicals, chronic disease management, non-narcotic prescription renewals, diagnostic test ordering, and referrals to specialists. As well, Ellen runs the Geriatric Program and Tanya runs the Smoking Cessation and COPD Programs, as well as doing in-office spirometry.
- DaynaAs a Registered Dietitian, I am a licensed health professional that can provide one-on-one or group counselling sessions to help families and individuals nutritionally manage their health issues. It is my job to stay up-to-date with the latest nutrition news and to be able to translate the research into our everyday living practices. I look forward to meeting with you and helping you make the changes needed to improve your health!
Registered Nurse Educator
- Claire / AileenAs a Registered Nurse Educator, I am involved with your diabetes and anticoagulant/INR therapy. You may also see me regarding education to understand the chronic diseases of pre-diabetes, diabetes or congestive heart failure. I am here to assist you in learning to manage these conditions with the help of your medical team.
- MichelleI am a Registered Nurse Educator that is part of your diabetes and hypertension/high blood pressure care team. I work in partnership with your family physician to provide you with support in managing your diabetes. You may also see me for blood pressure checks, or as part of an individual or group hypertension/high blood pressure visit.
Mental Health Counselor
- Ada, SandraAs Mental Health Therapists, we provide free counseling and support to referred patients of the SMC FHT. We offer short-term, confidential counseling to those who may be struggling with stress, anxiety, depression, relationship issues, grief, conflict, as well as other emotional challenges. We believe that Emotional Wellness is a key component to maintaining optimal health.
- Wendy FisherI am the person who oversees the running of the office. Contact me concerning career opportunities. I would also be the person to contact regarding any repairs or maintenance of the building. We, at the SMC FHT, are committed to providing you the best service possible. If you have any issues or concerns with the service, please do not hesitate to contact me.