As being the Doctors at the Smithville Medical Centre Family Health Team (SMCFHT), we are actively involved at the West Lincoln Memorial Hospital (WLMH). When we are not in the office during clinic hours, here are some of things that we are doing:
- have privileges at West Lincoln Memorial Hospital (WLMH)
- admitting and caring for patients at the WLMH
- doing rounds on our patients in the morning before our clinics at the office
- Dr. Joan Bellaire
- Dr. Michael Dzingala
- Dr. Cara Groves
- Dr. I. (Mo) Moore
- Dr. Mat Noble Wohlgemut
- Dr. David Sjaarda
- Dr. Shannon Smith
- Dr. Christina Weber
Locum / Learner
- LocumA ‘Locum’ is a licensed family doctor who is replacing one of our own family doctors who are away for various reasons, such as maternity leave or illness.
- Medical StudentA ‘Medical Student’ is studying medicine, which takes 3-4 years. Before starting medical school, they have usually completed a university degree. If involved with your visit, they will see you, then the supervising family doctor will see you as well.
- ClerkA ‘Clerk’ is a medical student in her/his final year. They are working more independently, but a supervising doctor will always see you as well.
- Resident(s): Dr. Kaila MacMillan and Dr. Shannon BakerA ‘Resident’ is a physician who has finished medical school and earned their medical degree. They are now training to be a family doctor. They spend up to 2 years with our office. They have a supervising family physician who they review all visits with. They sometime ask that supervising family doctor to see you during a visit as well.
Inter-Disciplinary Health Professional (IHP)
- Ellen, NattyWe work in close collaboration with the doctors of SMCFHT and many of the IHPs. We work on an appointment basis and cover a wide variety of issues: acute illnesses, healthy checkups, pre-operative physicals, chronic disease management, non-narcotic prescription renewals, diagnostic test ordering, and referrals to specialists.
- DaynaAs a Registered Dietitian, I am a licensed health professional that can provide one-on-one or group counselling sessions to help families and individuals nutritionally manage their health issues. It is my job to stay up-to-date with the latest nutrition news and to be able to translate the research into our everyday living practices. I look forward to meeting with you and helping you make the changes needed to improve your health!
Registered Nurse Educator
- ClaireAs a Registered Nurse Educator, I am involved with your diabetes and anticoagulant/INR therapy. You may also see me regarding education to understand the chronic diseases of pre-diabetes, diabetes or congestive heart failure. I am here to assist you in learning to manage these conditions with the help of your medical team.
- MichelleI am a Registered Nurse Educator that is part of your diabetes and hypertension/high blood pressure care team. I work in partnership with your family physician to provide you with support in managing your diabetes. You may also see me for blood pressure checks, or as part of an individual or group hypertension/high blood pressure visit.
Mental Health Counselor
- Ada, ClaireAs Mental Health Therapists, we provide free counseling and support to referred patients of the SMCFHT. We offer short-term, confidential counseling to those who may be struggling with stress, anxiety, depression, relationship issues, grief, conflict, as well as other emotional challenges. We believe that Emotional Wellness is a key component to maintaining optimal health.
- Wendy FisherI am the person who oversees the running of the office. Contact me concerning career opportunities. I would also be the person to contact regarding any repairs or maintenance of the building. We, at the SMCFHT, are committed to providing you the best service possible. If you have any issues or concerns with the service, please do not hesitate to contact me.